Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Halfway done with Siren Song

I'm halfway done with Siren Song! Here is a small scene to celebrate.

“Can we help you?” the old man asked.
“Yes. I’m Captain Maynard and I’m here to handle your pirate problem,” Captain Maynard said as he stomped onto the dock. “I hear you have pirates hiding in port.”
“No sir,” the old man said. “I ain’t seen no pirates.”
“I’m sure you haven’t,” Captain Maynard said as he rubbed his beard. “I bet you think they’re good men and help you and the village out.”
“I said, I ain’t seen no pirate,” the old man said as he shook his head.
“Well, some pirates attacked one of the Spanish ships near this island. They sunk the ship after taking all the gold,” Captain Maynard said as he looked around the dock. “Did you have a ship leave? I thought I saw one more this morning.”
“Naw, ain’t no ship left,” the old man said as he crossed his arms. “Most men be drunk in the tavern.”
“That’ll be my next place to check for pirates,” Captain Maynard said as he touched the hilt of his sword. “You wouldn’t be lying to me, would you?”
“No sire,” the old man said as he shook his head. “Ye want me to watch ye ship?”
“No, I’ll leave some of my men here to watch the ship. It’s property of the Crown,” Captain Maynard said as he turned back to his ship. “Forward.”
A dozen men in uniform marched down the gangplank off the ship.
“Time to round up some pirates,” Captain Maynard said with a smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment