Sunday, March 22, 2020

Book 10 Scene

Entering the last chapters, I thought I'd share a scene from the book following Siren Song. This book is back to my regular romance genre and will actually be filming Siren Song. It's the reason I decided to write Siren Song because I had several scenes written for Book 10.
*This is unedited*
“Caspian, you need this role if you want to break out of the chick flick rut, you’re in,” Russell said.
Caspian groaned as he looked at his uncle. “It’s an action movie with romance,” Caspian said as he crossed his ankles. “I didn’t even read the book.”
“I brought you a copy. You can finish it before the weekend then read the script,” Russell said. “I need a leading man and Tom backed out.”
“Who’s opposite of me?”
“Does it matter?”
“Of course, it does,” Caspian said as he uncrossed his ankles and leaned forward. “If I have to act with them, we need to have chemistry.”
“Son, you’re thinking like a romance lead. This is action/adventure. The woman is the accessory,” Russell said.
“Says the one who cast last year’s swimsuit model for his horror movie,” Caspian said.
“She looked great in a tank top and could lay in fake blood,” Russell said as he rubbed his hands. “I did want the cover model this year, but she couldn’t sing.”
“This movie has singing? I’m out. You know I can’t sing and I refuse to dance,” Caspian said as he stood up. “Since when do you produce musicals?”
“It’s not a musical. The lead female has to sing. If it wasn’t in the book, I wouldn’t care, but those crazy book lovers will protest.”
“What does it matter? Seleniczk cut two of Scarlett’s children out of the script and it’s still a classic,” Caspian said.
“He didn’t cut out Mammy or Melanie though. The girl being a singer is like a character on its own,” Russell said.
Caspian paced the length of his uncle’s living room.
“Let me read the book then decide,” Caspian said.
“I need to know today. The casting director has her pick.”
“You get final say,” Caspian said. “Explain that I need time.”
“You don’t have time. I’ve started filming B-roll footage with the mermaids. Principal filming starts Monday,” Russell said as he stood up.
“Why did you wait so long?”
“I told you Tom backed out. The guy we had as a backup is filming a new show for the L network.”
Caspian closed his eyes as he shoved his hands into his pockets.
“I know I’m going to regret this, but alright. I’ll be in the movie. What’s my character’s name?”
“Destan Waters,” Russell said as he picked up the book. “I suggest you read this. I’ll send your agent the script. Be on set Monday for your fittings. Your scenes start on Tuesday.”
Caspian nodded as he grabbed the book.
“Uncle, don’t make me regret this.”
“It’s a paycheck, who could regret those?”
Caspian sighed before out of the house. He had plans to cancel. Nessa wouldn’t appreciate the change, but he didn’t care. She canceled plans all the time for various reasons. One of the perks of not being in a relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment