Sunday, April 5, 2020

Diamond Dirt

In just two days, Diamond Dirt will be live! Here is a small scene between Winston and his sister Mia. Don't forget to order your copy on your preferred reading platform. 

“Are you trying to date some girl?” she asked as she grabbed an apple from the basket on the counter. “I didn’t know you were dating anyone.” 
“I’m not,” he said. “She needs help in British History.” 
“What’s wrong with her schedule?” she asked as she leaned over his shoulder. 
“She plays softball every weekend and has practice every day throughout the week. In fact, some days she has practice twice a day. If she’s that bad of a player maybe she needs to drop it,” he said. 
“It could be different types of practice,” she said leaning away from him. 
“I guess.” 
“What’s her name? I’ll tell you what position she plays.” 
“How do you know the players on the college team? I don’t even know them and I go there,” he said as he set his phone down. 
“Duh, I follow the team,” she said. “Now what’s her name?” 
“Shelby, I didn’t ask her last name,” he said. 
“You’re tutoring Shelby Cannon, as in Shelby the best pitcher since Monica Abbott, Jennie Finch, and Cat Osterman?”
“I guess,” he said with a shrug. It could be her last name. He never asked and she didn’t say. 
“I have to meet her,” she said as she leaned over the counter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment