Monday, August 10, 2020

On Set

Happy Monday and here's a small scene from Mermaid Voice. 

"You trying to tell me people back in the swampland don't sleep around?" 
Syrena laughed as she shook her head. "They sleep around or at least try to. Sometimes there's a shotgun waiting for one of them when they get back home. And I don't live in the swampland." 
"Girl, you're close enough to the swamp. How many gators did you see?" Cindy asked as she propped her hand on her hip. 
"Cin, they ain't walking gators down the street," Nick said as he winked at Syrena. "They fry them on the gril." 
"You don't fry on a grill," Syrena said as she looked at him. "Frying is frying and grilling is grilling." 
"What's the difference?" Nick asked as he leaned over the back of the chair in front of Syrena. 
"To fry something, it needs to be dunked in oil," Syrena said. 
"He don't cook or know what you're talking about," Cindy said as she waved her hand in the air. 
"Why would I cook when I can order whatever I want from my phone," Nick said as he crossed his arms. "I don't have to worry about dishes either." 
"Can't believe you're still single," Syrena said before laughing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment