Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Small Scene

Since I'm halfway through my new book, I decided to share a scene with you. Remember it's unedited and may change before publishing.

"The coach side of Beau, I don't think sounds pleasant," Gia said. "I've seen him angry before, I don't want to be on the other end of that."
"I've seen him angry at the football team," Amelia said. "He made them run until they puked."
"What? Why would he do that?" Gia asked in shock. ...
"They lost a game the week before and were blaming eacho other. No one stepped up to take the blame for the loss. They also thought they could skip out on practice," Amelia said. "My husband wasn't happy to have his team sit down on the field."
"Oh, I bet he wasn't," Gia said, sighing. "I remember how dedicated Beau was in high school."
"He was always first on the field and the last to leave," Amelia said as she threw her wrapper away. "Speaking of football, I need to wash Blake's jersey."
"How does Blake feel about his daddy coaching him?"
"He loves it," Amelia said, walking out of the kitchen and into the laundry room.
Gia followed closely behind Amelia.
"Beau isn't making six and seven-year-olds run till they puke, is he?" Gia asked, leaning against the doorframe.
"No," Amelia said, shaking her head as she opened the washer.
"Well, that's good," Gia said.
"They do run plays," Amelia said. "They're number one in the league."
"Of course they are," Gia said, laughing. "Your husband couldn't be second best even in Pee-Wee football."
Amelia nodded while she loaded the washer and added the detergent.
"I would be worried if Beau didn't want his teams to be first," Amelia said as she closed the lid. "I think this is the most work I've done in week."


No comments:

Post a Comment