Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Small Scene

As I read through Beauty Found for my first round of edits, here's a scene between Vincent and Bradley. 

"You're not the quarterback ruling the school anymore," Bradley said as he dropped his arm. "You need to remember, I run this town." 
"So?" Vincent asked as he moved back a step. "I don't think I'm running for office." 
"This is about Hazel Lee," Bradley said as he shoved his hands in his pockets. "I plan to marry her." 
"What's it got to do with me?" Vincent asked, tilting his head to the side. 
He didn't remark about what Hazel wanted. 
"You're standing in the way. She can't see me because she's trying to save you. Just like she tried to save her daddy," Bradley said. "Pretend she saved you so she can forget about the demons inside your head." 


No comments:

Post a Comment