Thursday, May 9, 2019

Post Season Softball

Here is a small scene from Diamond Dirt in honor of the start of the post season for college softball.
"Professor Davis suggested I sit out a few games."
"Does she know we're in the running for a regional spot?" Kieron asked.
Shelby listened as Kieron moved around on her side of the room.
"I don't know," Shelby said before sighing. "I know I need to get my grade up. I'm working as hard as I can."
"At least Winston is trying to help you," Kieron said. "I wouldn't have put you on the field to study."
"I know, it was weird when he suggested it," Shelby said as she shook her head. "He said he wanted me in my comfort zone."
"Well he got comfort zone right, I don't think I've seen anyone more comfortable on a field than you. It's your home and it's like an old glove. It fits."

No comments:

Post a Comment