Thursday, February 21, 2019

Favorite Scenes

Here is one of my favorites scene from Slay the Demon. It's the first session between Kimberly and Maggie.
“Now, Maggie, who is your favorite princess?” Kim asked as she walked back to the couch.
“Belle,” Maggie said kicking her feet.
“Oh, I love Belle too,” Kim said with a smile. “She loves to read like I do.”
“I love her gold dress,” Maggie said a little louder.
Kim smiled because Maggie was opening up to her.
“Her gold dress is a true princess dress,” Kim said as she sat down beside Maggie.
“But she wasn’t a princess yet,” Maggie said finally looking up at Kim. “She has to marry the beast to be a princess.”
“Oh, that’s right,” Kim said with a smile. “I’m not sure I could marry a beast just to get a castle.”
“She didn’t marry him just for the castle,” Maggie stated. “She loved him for who he was on the inside.”
“Yes, she did,” Kim agreed. Maggie was a bright seven-year-old. “You know lots of people hide who they really are.”
“Do you think daddy hides who he really is?” Maggie asked innocently.
“No,” Kim replied. “I think your daddy is an honest man. He will let people see the real man he is.”
“But he’s not married,” Maggie said.
“Well, he doesn’t have to be married to be happy. He has you as a daughter and I’m sure you are his world,” Kim said.
“Are you going to marry my daddy?” Maggie asked.
Kim held her smile. “No, Maggie, I’m not marrying your daddy.”
“Then why did he want me to meet you?” Maggie asked.
“Because he wants me to help you get rid of these nightmares,” Kim replied. “It is my job to make sure you know how to slay your inner demons.”
“What does slay mean?” Maggie asked.
“Slay means to kill. I’m going to help you kill your demons,” Kim explained.
“What if I’m scared of my demons?” Maggie asked moving closer to Kimberly.
“Then I’ll face them with you,” Kim proclaimed. “Don’t worry; you remember the prince has a sword to slay the dragon?”
“Yes and the fairies made it glow,” Maggie said.
“Yes, they enchanted it so it wouldn’t break,” Kim explained. “I’m going to help you find your sword.”
“Is it in a stone?” Maggie asked.
Kim laughed. Maggie certainly knew all the fairy tale movies. “Well, I don’t know where your sword is, but I will help you on your quest.”
“Okay, but first we got to ask daddy if I can go on a quest,” Maggie stated. “Daddy doesn’t want me to go anywhere without him or Jody.”
“Don’t worry, we will ask your daddy if you can go on this quest,” Kim said as she reached for Maggie’s hand.
She was shocked when Maggie slipped her hand into hers. She connected with Maggie, which was a great first step.
If you want to read more, Slay the Demon is available on all platforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment