Monday, June 18, 2018

Book 7

Can you believe that Falling for Cody is 1! Me either! I decided to share one of my favorite scenes from it. I enjoyed Cody and April and their journey.

“Don’t rush the man,” April said as she set his ticket on the table. “He can take as much time as he wants to enjoy his coffee.”
“Does it mean I can take as much time as I want?” Cody asked glancing up at April.
“No,” she said. ...
“You know I think you would love for me to stay with you all day,” Cody said with a smirk.
He watched as her eyes widened before she glared at him. He knew he got under her skin, and he couldn’t wait for her to agree to a second date.
“Officer Hill, don’t you need to patrol the streets or something? I’m sure there is a cat stuck up a tree somewhere you need to get down,” April snapped.
“I don’t rescue cats, since I’m not a fireman,” Cody said as he stood up and stepped into her bubble space. “But if you need saving from a tree, let me know.”
“Uh,” April said as she took a step back. “I’m good.”
“No, you’re better than good,” he whispered as he brushed his lips across her cheek before pulling back. “I know you’re tired, so if you need a ride, let me know.”
“I have a car,” she breathed as she leaned back. “Are you ready to pay?”
“Oh, look, I need to leave for my meeting,” Matt said as he quickly stood up with Maggie in tow. “I’ll see you tonight, Cody.”
Cody didn’t respond as he watched April. He could tell her pulse was pounding.
“April, order up,” Johnson called out from the window.
“I need to go,” she said, spinning away from him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment