Thursday, February 23, 2017

Random Facts

Random facts about Slay the Demon
*I was inspired to write this story after reading and article on The Rebels Project. They are a support/therapy group created by some of the survivors of the Columbine High School shooting.
*Matthew and Kimberly are the oldest main couple I've written, 35 and 30 respectively. Maggie is 7.
*Maggie's personality is based off my nieces. They are 9 and 8.
*Kimberly was named after my favorite TV show as a kid. Matthew's last name Oliver was taken from the same show.
*The school shootings are loosely based on real events. The reactions of the emergency personal are based on real actions especially the police formation.
*Kimberly is probably my favorite character to date. She is strong, but broken. I loved exploring her thoughts and actions. Her brokenness was painful, but her beauty shined in her compassion.
*Matthew was tougher to pin down. He is complicated and scarred from his past. He just wants his little girl to get better.
*The darker tone was influenced by my time as a Correctional Officer. Working around so many men who have committed different crimes helped shaped all my characters.
*The cover was once again the creation of Christina Malone. I let her do her thing and it's always better than I imagine.
*The building was an elementary school close to my house and my little model is the daughter of one of my friends. Thank you once again Brittany and Baylie.
*This is my 6th book and it does have a companion book Falling for Cody, which is almost complete.
*The conversation Kimberly has in the cemetery was recorded on my phone because I was driving and didn't want to forget any part of it.
*The quote, Wear your Valor as well as you do your lace came to me while at work last summer. There was a book about Confederate women called Lace and Valor.
*It took a little over 2 months to write the book.
*This book had me out of my comfort zone most of the time, but I love the finished product and can't wait to share it with you.

After you read Slay the Demon, don't forget to leave a review on whatever platform you bought it from or Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment