Monday, December 19, 2016

Surprise!

Since Christmas is less than a week away, I decided to share a small scene with you from my upcoming book, Slay the Demon. #slaythedemon #surprise #2017

*Unedited*

"Cody, what can i get you?" April asked.
"Water will be fine, April," Cody said.
"Still on that no coke thing?" April asked stuffing her order pad in her apron.
"Trying," Cody said smiling.
"Not sure I could give up my coke," April stated.
"No one wants you to give up your coke, April," Matt laughed. "I've seen you when you haven't had one."
"Ha-ha, very funny, Matthew. If you don't behave, I'll make sure to spit in your meatloaf," April warned with her hands on her hips.
"You do that and I'll tell your momma," Matt warned.
April Meyers was Jane Meyers, the owner's yougest daughter. The other two girls worked in the sewing factory on the other side of town.
"Tell momma, I'll make sure she knows why I spit in your food," April joked. "She'll understand."
"Not when the health inspector shows up," Cody remarked with a wink at April.
"Oh please that freckle-face Jimmy Wayne," she said waving her hands. "I babysit his brat for free, he loves me."
"I'm sure his wife, Barb, loves you more," Matt remarked leaning back.
"Probably," April agreed. "Now, Cody, you want your regular?"
"Is Stan cooking?" Cody asked glancing at the window for the kitchen.
"No, he's out sick today," April replied.
"Then no, I want the meatloaf, but without spit," Cody teased.
"I'll make sure to put a little flag on yours so I won't give you Matt's special," April siad with a wink before leaving their table.
"You know I'm worried she might actually spit in my food one day," Matt said glancing at April moving around the tables talking to the customers.

I also have another surpise. While writing Slay the Demon, other characters wanted their stories told. Between edits, I plotted another story and even wrote the complete outline. This never happens so I took it as a sign to write their book. I even have a name: Falling for Cody.

The new book will not be a sequel and takes places between the last chapter and epilogue of Slay the Demon. You will not need to read Slay the Demon, but it will not hurt to read it. This will follow Cody and April's journey. If you want to add it to your TBR list, I already have it up on Goodreads! The pinterest board is also unlocked if you want to take a sneak peak at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment