Friday, June 7, 2024

Small Scene

Currently working on Stolen Dreams, so here is a small scene. 

“Please stop calling for Max. He’s worried that his new girlfriend will think something else,” he said. “He’s one of our starting pitchers and I’d prefer him to not be thinking about his girlfriend breaking up with him because my sister keeps calling him.” 
“Jennifer? I sat next to her at the last home game,” Margaret said as she piled her plate with food. “She’s chill and more secure in their relationship than Max thinks. We talked about her college classes. She wants to be a traveling nurse which would be perfect if Max ever gets transferred. I didn’t tell her that, but she knows.” 
“I don’t even know what Jennifer looks like, and my sisters have spoken with her. Perfect,” he said as he finished loading his plate with food. “Max won’t be happy about that.” 
“Do you know that you’re her favorite player?” Margaret asked between bites. 
“So, Max tells me,” he said as he looked at his sisters. “Girls, I need you to not scare any of my teammates or their girlfriends.” 
“Uh, we don’t,” Isabella said twirling her fork with food on it in the air. “We can’t help it if everyone wants to talk to us.” 
“You’re the main reason that the girlfriends talk to us. Most of them are cleat chasers anyway,” Edee said. “They think we’re their ticket to you.” 
“Oh dear,” their mother said. “Girls, don’t call other women cleat chasers.” 
“But they are,” Margaret said, stabbing her fork into her food. “It’s the proper term, momma.” 
“Be that as it may, we do not degrade other women in this household,” their mother said as she reached for her glass of tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment